Southland Adventist Christian School is an integrated co-education day school with a comprehensive programme compromising both primary and intermediate education, from New Entrants to Year 8.
The school is owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, principally for the education of its youth. It provides education in harmony with the beliefs, values, life-style and commitment of the church. Emphasis is place on the development of a Christian character and a life of service in the community.
The first Seventh-day Adventist School in Invercargill was opened in 1955 in Esk Street. By 1968 conditions had become a little cramped, so a new school was built on Bainfield Road in Waikiwi. This school served its purpose for over 50 years. As the number of students in the school grew into the 70s, a new property was purchased on Durham Street, just across the road from the old school. After 12 months of construction, the new school was opened on the 6th of February 2021.
The school is run by the Board of Trustees consisting of members elected by the parents, Seventh-day Adventist Church proprietor representatives, the principal and staff representative.